Beer Marinated Beef Fajitas
PREP: 15 min MARINATE: 8-24 hrs GRILL: 26-32 mins MAKES: 4-6 Servings
Fresh fajitas are a classic Tex-Mex meal that your family will love.
These marinated fajitas will be so tender and juicy that this might end up being one of your “go-to” meals. We used the Ready Grill to cook the beef to perfection.
- 2 lbs. strip steak
- 1 cup dark beer
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 jalapeño, chopped (optional)
- 2-3 bell peppers, different colors
- 1 yellow onion, large
- salt & pepper to taste
- 4-6 tortillas
- favorite fajita toppings
1. Prepare marinade in large zipper bag by combining beer, olive oil, soy sauce, lime juice, salt, black pepper, cumin, oregano, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, chopped garlic and jalapeño (optional).
2. Place strip steak in the zipper bag, squeeze out extra air and seal tight. Marinate in refrigerator for 8-24 hours. If your strip steak is long, cut it in two before marinating.
3. After marinating, pull the strip steak out of the refrigerator and bring to room temperature. Meanwhile, slice bell peppers in half and remove seeds, Slice onion into 1⁄4-inch rings and place onion and bell peppers on the Grill Basket. Salt and pepper vegetables and drizzle with a little olive oil.
4. Preheat your Ronco Ready Grill and grill vegetables for 12-15 minutes. When done, remove and set aside.
5. Remove the strip steak from the marinade and place on the Grill Basket. Drizzle with olive oil and grill for 14-18 minutes.
6. Slice bell peppers and strip steak into strips, toss with onions and serve with tortillas. Top with your favorite fajita toppers; avocados, pico de gallo, cheese and sour cream.
Recipe courtesy of the Ready Grill Grilling Cookbook, available on Ronco.com