Under 500 Calorie Meal – Fish is a great heart healthy food to eat year round, but is an especially good and filling protein to eat when you are resolute to drop a few pounds. Cooking fish in your Ronco Rotisserie Multi-purpose Basket is a fantastic and easy way to cook fish without having to add unnecessary calories from cooking oil.
This colorful dish comes in at only around 447 calories per serving and is loaded with nutrients & flavor to satisfy your palate.
Cumin Spiced Rotisserie Salmon with Mango Avocado Salsa
Serves 4 Calories per serving 447 Prep time 8-10 minutes
Cook time 15-18 mins
- 4 fresh salmon fillets, 24 oz(s)
- olive oil spray 4 seconds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 1/2 tablespoon whole cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 2 ripe mango, diced – yield about 2 cups
- Avocado, 1 medium diced – yield about 1 cup
- ½ medium purple onion, finely diced
- 2 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 jalapeño, diced, seeds removed
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Spray each salmon fillets with a 1 second of olive oil spray. Season all 4 fillets with equal parts salt, pepper, cumin, cumin seeds and fresh thyme.
- Place seasoned fillets into Multi Purpose Basket. Place lid on basket tight enough to hold fillets in place, but not pressing into the fish.
- Load basket onto rotisserie spit, place into rotisserie. Set time for 15-18 minutes.
- While the fish is cooking prepare the salsa by combing the diced mango, avocado, purple onion, tomatoes, jalapeño, lime juice, tablespoon olive oil and salt & pepper to taste.
- Serve salmon fillet with about 3/4 -1 cup of salsa.
Happy New Year from all of us at Ronco.
Chef Paja Sanchez