If your little Ghosts and Goblins are anything like mine, getting them to eat something on Halloween before running out to trick or treat is always a challenge. That’s when I try to whip out a cute and quick kid-friendly dinner to trick them into eating something besides candy.
Halloween is always a mad dash, and that’s why I love that you can make this Halloween Pepperoni “Pumpkin” Pizza Pie in less than 15 minutes in our Ronco Pizza & More oven. (No preheating required!!!)
Quick & Easy Halloween Dinner
- 1 12-13 inch raw pizza crust*
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 36-40 1-inch pepperoni slices
- 2 slices of black olives
- 1 nose shaped mushroom slice
- 1/2 tablespoon dried basil
* For this recipe, you want to start with raw dough to shape your pumpkin pizza pie. All different kinds of crusts work well in our Pizza & More oven for this recipe. Try homemade, pre-made canned like Pillbury® or store-bought mix or raw dough.)
- Place raw dough onto the Ronco Pizza & More pan and trim off a 1-inch rectangular shaped strip of dough for the pumpkin stem.
2. Stretch dough evenly to fit pan. Make a 2-3 inch indentation in the dough at the top to make the pumpkin shape. Place stem at indentation at a slight angle to look like a stem.
3. Add sauce and cheese to pizza
4. Decorate pumpkin pizza by making a pepperoni border, mouth and eyes. Add mushroom nose and olives. Sprinkle dried basil on the stem.
5. Place pizza pan into Pizza & More oven and cook for 14-18 minutes or until cooked to your liking.
Isn’t it always nice to have a friendly face at the dinner table?
Cooking notes* You can make one pizza as we did in this recipe or try this as individual sized pizzas to make it, even more, kid friendly!
Chef Paja-Dejur Sanchez