Starting to think about your Thanksgiving table decor? Nothing says ‘holiday table’ like a themed, homemade craft. These personalized name place cards will add that special individualized touch to your holiday table setting.
All you need to create these crafts is flour, salt, water, fall cookie cutters and a Turbo Dehydrator from Ronco.
Salt Dough Recipe
• 1 cup salt
• 2 cups all-purpose flour
• 1 cup lukewarm water
• 1 Tablespoon Pumpkin Pie Spice (optional but makes your place cards smell yummy)
- In a large bowl, mix salt and flour.
- Gradually stir in water. Mix well until it forms a doughy consistency, like pizza dough. If your dough is too dry or too wet, adjust with wet or dry ingredients accordingly.
- Form your dough into a ball and knead it for at about 5 minutes. The longer you kneed your dough, the smoother it will be.
- Roll out dough on a floured surface to about ¼ of an inch thick and use cookie cutter or knife to form fun fall shapes.
- Place cut-out shapes on to your Turbo Dehydrator trays, making sure they don’t touch and set to 120°F. Depending on thickness, they will be completely dehydrated and ready to paint in 12-14 hours
- Use acrylic paints to paint your place setting name craft, you can seal with polyurethane spray if you want.
See the finished crafts below. Be creative, and have fun!