Making your own beef jerky at home is so easy with our Beef Jerky Machine.
Chipolte Lime Beef Jerky
- About 2 1/2-3 pounds of Eye of Round or Flank Steak (be sure to buy the freshest meat available)
- 1 cup organic, gluten-free soy sauce*
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1/8 cup agave syrup
- 1 tablespoon chipotle powder
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons onion juice
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh cracked pepper
- 4-5 sprigs fresh oregano
- Place beef in freezer bag and into freezer for 20-30 minutes to firm it up, making it easier to slice.
- Make marinade while beef is chilling by whisking together all ingredients.
- Remove beef from freezer and slice into 1/4 inch slices. Slicing against the grain makes for firmer jerky, while slicing with the grain makes for more tender jerky.
- Using the Ronco Meat Tenderizer, press each slice of meat with tenderizer to; tenderize, flatten and even out the slices, and expedite the marinating process by creating flavor channels.
- Place beef slices into marinade and marinate for at least 2 hours and up to 6. (The longer you marinate it the stronger the flavors)
- Remove from marinade and place marinated meat onto your Ronco Beef Jerky trays in one layer and not touching. Allow some marinade to remain on marinated meat strips and dehydrate. Rotate and turn your trays every few hours.
- Jerky is done in 8 to 24 hours depending on thickness of meat. Properly dehydrated jerky will be chewy and leathery; it will not have any moist spots and will bend like a green branch but not crumble into pieces.
*Properly dried jerky will keep at room temperature two weeks in an airtight container. Store in a dark, dry place. You can also refrigerate or freeze jerky.
*Organic gluten-free soy sauce has a lower level of sodium than traditional soy sauce. If using regular soy sauce, maybe replace 1/4 cup of the soy with water to not over-salt your jerky.
Chef Paja-Dejur Sanchez