We here at Ronco do love a whole delicious homemade rotisserie chicken made in the Showtime Rotisserie. But, we also love all the easy recipes you can make with leftover rotisserie chicken. Truth be told… we don’t always have leftover rotisserie chicken, so what we do is cook 2 chickens at once. We eat one for dinner and save the other for easy recipes- like this Creamy Rotisserie Chicken and Wild Rice Soup recipe.
See our full line of Rotisserie Ovens at Ronco.com
- 2 quarts low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup salted butter, cubed
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 3 cups cooked wild rice*
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Over medium-high heat melt the butter in a large saucepan. Add the onions, garlic, celery, carrots and mushrooms to the pan. Saute until the veggies are softened.
- Sprinkle in 2 tablespoons of flour into the pan. Stir the flour into the vegetables, cook for one minute.
- Whisk in chicken broth to the roux, stir continuously until broth and and roux are incorporated. Place the cream in a small bowl, add last tablespoon of flour and whisk to combine. Slowly add the cream to the soup slowly while stirring.
- Cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally until soup has thickened.
- Add the shredded rotisserie chicken and precooked wild rice to the pot.
- Stir in thyme, ground black pepper, and salt.
- Cook until chicken and rice are heated through.
- Serve warm!
Try mixing up different varieties of mushrooms for another layer of flavor to this dish.
*Use those handy precooked packed rice packets to make this a super easy recipe.
Enjoy Chef Paja-Dejur Sanchez